Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More Bodega Bay

(Sorry. We are STILL on the topic of Bodega Bay.)


I just want to start by saying that this picture below is one of my new favorites! I think it needs to take the place of my current BW enlargement in the play area. I just love how happy the kids look (even though they are clearly smiling/laughing at Troy who was behind me pulling funny stunts.)
8918c

Our trip to Bodega Bay is great in so many ways, but the main reason it's so wonderful is because we are all together with our distant siblings and cousins which doesn't happen that often.

Both years that we've been, we've totally lucked out with beautiful winter weather (meaning the sun was out MOST days).



Some of the highlights from this year were:



{hot tub swims, discovering hidden beach coves, napping in the sun, burying jack, sunsets}

bodegabay7

On the last day everyone headed back home, but Troy and I decided to stay a few extra hours. It was heavenly. We were the ONLY people on the beach and the weather was perfect.

9094c



{Boogie boarding the dunes, crashing while boogie boarding the dunes, rolling down the dunes, forgetting my swimsuit and hot tubbing fully clothed, the boys braving the FREEZING waters for a surf, discovering the best clam chowder house!}

bodegabay6

Hunter and his lashes are always picture-worthy.
bodegabay1

When I think of Bodega Bay, I think of this very picture. Grasses, sand dunes, beach and a sunset.
IMG_8961


{Finding caves, letting Sam crawl and eat sand, cousins, races, beached jelly fish, grandpa napping Sammy in his "kangaroo pouch", pictures of jumping off the dunes in cool poses}

bodegabay7

Sunsets, sunsets, and more sunsets.
bodegabay5
IMG_8967
IMG_8973

The bay at night.
IMG_8995

For all the other memories, you can watch an 8 minute video HERE of our trip. I don't know why you would, but you can.




5 comments:

bBchronicles said...

GREAT PHOTOS - just perfect time together - how FUN! You're the BEST!!!!! Hugs to all!

sequins and candy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fawn Christiansen said...

LOVE all the fun you have as a family!! you are so inspiring!and fab photos as always! xoxo

merideth said...

your pictures are gorgeous!!

Sara said...

BEAUTIFUL! Beautiful family, beautiful place. Can I come next time?