Saturday, June 18, 2011
hot summer nights
cousins, friends, grandparents
wind blown hair
sunsets over the water
I've got a feeling this is going to be a GOOD summer!
All in this night:
We laughed as Grammy and Grandpa gripped the boat for dear life when Troy picked up speed in the boat. Their expressions said it all....pure TERROR!
Grammy dove in for a swim with the kids.
Lucy got pulled off the dock head first into the water by a hungry goose.
I had my first lesson at driving the boat and pulling a skier. My turns are too wide, apparently.
Troy got up on a ski for the first time in 10 years and loved every minute.
The kids laughed their heads off in the tube and were much more brave than mom or Grammy.
It was Sammy's first trip out. He did great.
Posted by ali at Saturday, June 18, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Sunday, June 12, 2011
My life is picture perfect.
My life is perfect......in pictures.
Let me explain.
I had to laugh the other day as I was taking pictures.
Through my lens I saw this.
My little lu in her tutu being somewhat coy and a teensy bit grumpy (not wanting her picture taken). Then she sat with sammy and was puckering his lips and giving him kisses.
It was a sweet moment that I wanted to capture.
And for that moment, I got lost in the exposure and composition of the photo.
Then I pulled away from the viewfinder to behold.....
Your room has NEVER been this messy, right?
I thought about how funny it is that I have all these "picture perfect" photos on my blog,
but life around these parts can get as non-picture perfect as anyone's life can.
I don't know if you're like me, but at times I find myself drooling over a blog and thinking about how my life is not nearly as swell as HERS!
Truth is, we all have our moments.
In between our
fresh baked bread
finger paint projects
There is REAL life in there.
And my real life sometimes looks like this.
And just to keep things EXTRA real....
Posted by ali at Sunday, June 12, 2011
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Where has this month gone? Actually, 5 weeks to be exact.
Some days feel like I've been chewed up and spit out.
Then other days I feel victorious...like I just won the biggest battle!
A few things I have learned so far:
1. My happiness directly correlates with my childrens' happiness.
2. Leaving the house DAILY is a necessity!
3. Babies are so precious and I love every second I get to hold my baby!
4. Big kids are precious too, though it sometimes takes effort to notice.
5. I can't live without Babywise.
6. It's a proven fact that excessive crying causes eating binges on baked goods.
7. Counting to ten and taking deep breaths really does work.
8. Dinner and housecleaning are NOT important.
9. Dad is the BEST. Like, totally a lifesaver!
10. Enjoy this moment (even if it can be pretty tough at times)
Posted by ali at Thursday, June 02, 2011