The events of yesterday got me thinking.
Thinking about the folks down in Colorado City, AZ. And how maybe, just maybe, they are actually on to something good.
You see, yesterday Troy and I cooked and cooked. A little of this and a little of that so that we could enjoy the company of friends and the comfort of good food.
We made big messes.
Messes that the men were clearly having NO part in. Messes that stared you in the face screaming "clean me" while your full stomach was begging, "let me rest".
Now enter girlfriends.
They came to the rescue. Within 15 minutes, three of us had the job done. Floors swept, food put away, dishes washed and countertops wiped.
So this is where my wheels started turning. Really...would having a couple "sister wives" around be that bad? I mean think of all the benefits:
1. Your house would probably be immaculate. Between the three of you, one could do the daily, routine tasks. Another could take care of a big organizational project, and the third could focus solely on laundry.
2. You would never have to go without stimulating adult conversation. One of the "sisters" would always be around to chat with.
3. You could tag team the children.
4. You could get on some kind of a rotation where one of the "sisters" stays home with the kids while the others could go shopping, or for a jog, or out to lunch.
5. You could share clothes. (Though pastel colored dresses with puffed sleeves might get old)
6. Appointments would be so easy to schedule. No worries of "who's going to watch my kids?" or "how will they behave in that 10x10 foot office space?" Say hello to fresh highlights every 8 weeks on the dot!
7. Puny errands would be so easy. The kids could be left in their carseats with the other sister wives while you just "run in" to grab something.
Ladies...the list is ENDLESS!
I really think that Colorado City might be sitting on the best kept secret in the West!
ONLY ONE CONDITION: Sister wives must leave the premises before MY MAN comes home at 6:30 pm. No exceptions.