Monday, May 14, 2007

Barnyard Treasure

My dear friend Jo, who I used to teach with in Orange County, sent Jack a package the other day. It was an early gift for his b-day in August. I think we were supposed to wait to open it until his 1st birthday, but I told Jo that waiting to open a gift is beyond my abilities! So we opened it early and this is what it was:



The picture cannot do it justice! It is a handmade bag in the shape of a barn with 10 hand sewn farm animals. Each detail was so carefully thought out. Jack already loves taking the animals out of the bag and chewing on their hair, or throwing them across the room and chasing after them. He loves when I make the animal sounds. (Except that I say "ribbit" for the bunny and that is a frog sound. Any ideas?) This will be a treasure for years to come. Thanks Jo! Happy B-day to Jack, but really...happy b-day to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just now found your blog, cute!

Debbie said...

i am friends with jana and just wanted to say that is the cutest gift i have ever seen. i cannot believe that is handmade!