Monday, May 14, 2007

The Garden Master

For a long time Troy has been dreaming of a garden. He gets these "visions" in his head of exactly what he wants, and then does it. You see, I get visions too, but I don't follow through with them. Anyway, he built these gorgeous redwood planters for the side of our house, and now we have a garden. We had to cheat a bit and buy plants that were already started because we are getting a late start. This is a test run because we are not sure how the veggies will do on the side of our house seeing as how there are only about 5 hours of sunlight. You have got to make do with what you have. I am hoping that the plants will still produce, but maybe not in high quantities.

Here are some pics:


Jack and Troy working together on the planters.

The 3 Planters

Tomatoes (4 varieties) Plus squash, eggplant (I guess Troy likes it?), yellow and red peppers, and 7 different herbs.

Strawberries - Plus watermelon

9 comments:

Berta said...

HOLY COW, Better Homes & Gardens! Those are awesome! How about a 'service mission' to Idaho and visit your Auntie and Uncle - we could use a few of those. Great job, family - niiiiiiiice!

ali said...

It's all Troy! He is a straight guy with a queer eye.

merideth said...

so beautiful ali...tell troy and jack good job!
i am like you i can think of oh so many cool ideas but when is their time...where is all the time going?

Anonymous said...

Good job, Your garden looks great!

Katie said...

We need to come out and take a better look. What a treat, I want to come and test out those nummy veggies. So Ali When should we hang out I am free as a bird, and will is easy to take along?

ali said...

oooh...maybe we should do a little beach/pool day with a side trip to IKEA?

Amy said...

My, my! You've been a busy blogging lady!

ashleyboice said...

Ali...I actually think we have met. I THINK I met you in Rexburg before I got married in 1999. I always am visiting your blog. I LOVE your parents they are so funny and always make me feel like part of the family.

Whitney Amelia said...

Wow hes quite the handy man....those are gorgeous! Your going to love gardening. I have had a large garden for the last 5 years or so and have found it to be a kind of meditation. Now that we live at a much higher elevation we cant grow anything outside a green house. The geen house is on its way and ;we are going to need to build very similar boxes as yours...wish us luck. We will have to try and use Troys as an example...Or even better... he could come up to Wyomin' and build them for us!