Friday, February 3, 2012

Play along.

Let's play that game 2 truths and a lie.

Except for, instead of a lie, how about I just tell you 3 truths about our vacation?

Truth #1:
I may have put powdered laundry soap into the dishwasher instead of powdered dishwasher detergent and nearly flooded the kitchen of our hotel apartment. It only took about 8 beach towels to sop it all up, and 3 more runs of the dishwasher to keep it from FOAMING to the ceiling.

Truth #2:
Given the trusting folks that we are, Troy placed his and Jack's wetsuit on top of the van to dry overnight in the parking garage. When we woke up, someone decided they liked the fit of Troy's wetsuit. It was gone. I hope they know he pees in that.

Truth #3:
Sam struggled with a gnarly cold the entire vacation. So one night while we were all cooking around the campfire, I decided to wrap him up tight and take him for a walk up and down a 1/2 mile stretch of the beach....in the pitch blackness of the night. When I returned with my now sleeping babe we began packing up to go home and realized the keys were lost. They were in my pocket and now gone...somewhere along the shoreline of the beach in the blackest black of night. So with only a cell phone for light we began our search for my dinky keys in a vast beach of sand! By nothing short of a miracle (yes, I was praying) we found the keys (just before some of the most epic meltdowns) and made it back to the hotel. Phew.

Here is a picture of the kids eating their disgusting to us, but delicious to them bubble gum ice cream.


beachblog2

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Too funny! Glad you all made it home safely :D And I have to ask - did you plan Jack's jacket to match the ice-cream?