Friday, September 24, 2010

moved.


I suppose if I'm going to jump back into this blogging business, I should rewind a bit to catch you up to date.

Most of you already know that we moved last month from Southern California back to our roots in Sacramento.

In a lot of ways it was a tough decision (friends, church callings, great neighborhood, beach, disneyland, etc.) but mostly it was a decision we were hoping to make if the opportunity presented itself. In 8 years of marriage, we've always talked about going back to Sacramento, but once you establish yourself at a job and all your connections are in one part of the state, it's really hard to move! But a transfer came up at Troy's same company and we jumped on it!

We are so happy to be back! Being close to family is irreplaceable! We love our new town of Folsom. All within a couple miles, we can be riding on bike trails that go for miles, we can be putting our kayak in the lake, fishing on a dock, having a family night on Temple grounds, shopping at a plethora of near-by stores, taking the public transit to old town for an ice cream, or meeting dad for lunch at his work only ONE mile away!

It's always nice when you have a decision that you've thought and prayed about that turns out exactly as you hoped.


7 comments:

jayne wells said...

I hope you feel that same way about moving here when Troy gets a transfer here. That's what I"ve been hoping and praying for.

Jen Giorgis said...

I'm with jayniemoon...I don't know where she lives so I'll just input MY "here" NEBRASKA, The Good Life! ;)

Ben and Shara said...

holy cow! congratulations on the move. Dan just moved to that area to be near my other siblings. So fun that you are closer now. I'll have to come and visit!!

Amy said...

xo birthday girl- hope it was a good one.

Marie said...

AND you get to be so close to our old high school gang...well some of them. Oh, the good ole days! Happy late Birthday Ali! I hope you are doing well. ;) Love ya!

Kaisa Bailey said...

(: Welcome home!

annie said...

congrats on your move! : )