My grandpa passed away last week in Laguna Beach Hospital.
I feel so blessed to have been able to spend one short hour by his bedside a few days before he passed.
He was heavily sedated and could not respond, but the love and peace felt in his room was overwhelming. It made me so grateful to know that we will be seeing each other again, and that family members in heaven were most definitely anxiously awaiting his return home. That is the beautiful thing about God's Plan...we know we can be with our families eternally.
Marc Harvey Sessions
Born: October 3, 1914
Died: November 2, 2009
Memories of Grandpa:
* His dapper appearance - always wearing a bowtie and beret.
* As a Harvard grad, he put a lot of emphasis on education.
* His commitment to his religion, but acceptance of others.
* His love for my grandma.
* His playfulness with his grandchildren...always having the neatest contraptions (push scooters, a garage hideaway, playhouses)
* His entrepreneurial spirit - finding a way to squeeze in a business deal with anyone he met.
* Going to stay with him and my grandma in their Catalina house. (driving a golf cart around was any kids dream)
*Having dinners with him in his rest home.
*Introducing my kids to him.
* Singing fun songs and hearing him play the piano.
* His somewhat unorthodox way of saying a prayer at my brother's missionary farewell (very characteristic of his unique personality)
* His thumb that was cut off as a child.
* His birthday letters that were usually written in some kind of code (u R gr-8...he would have been a texting wizard!)
* His jovial and cheery disposition.
* Words like, "Carry On" "marvelous" "A++"
We will miss you Grandpa....until we meet again!
My last goodbye.