Sunday, June 21, 2009

If I click my ruby slippers three times....

will I magically reunite with Toto?  

Toto, the toilet, that is.



Life on the cold, hard porcelain ring has not been the same.  Toto was always perfectly heated for my seated pleasure.   Toto did all the work for me.  Gentle spritzes of warm water followed by warm air dry.  Is that too much information?  My point is, I'm back to life.  Back to re-al-ity.

Our trip to Tahoe was a nice break from the day-to-day routine.

Not only were the accomodations OFF. THE. HOOK. (as the young kids are saying these days), 
but, we also got to be with family!

In my 6+ years of marriage with Troy, we have never had an official reunion on his side of the family.  We've had gatherings here and there, but never a planned reunion with all the kids present.  For the first try, we did pretty well, I think.  We were only short one family, but they have vowed to be there next time!  (right guys? You were missed!)

We only had 3 short days in Tahoe, but I think we made the most of it!  Here are some of the highlights.

Hike to Emerald Bay






Watermelon Eating Contest


and the winner is.....Grandpa Bruce!
winner in action

Honorable Mention goes to lucy bean.

Close runners-up!

Rock Jumping


Sand Harbor Beach Play



Lexi
Spencer



chloe
colton
lucy
grandpa bruce & sue


Cousin Fun


Hot stuff Grandma! 
(Coco....are you going swimming?)

Good bye Tahoe.  we love you...



15 comments:

delaney said...

LOVE the pictures!!!

Jen Giorgis said...

Seriously...you make me so jealous! Those pictures were absolutely georgeous!!! What fun beautiful memories. It looks like you all had so much fun together.

P.S. I'm amazed they had those toilets there? I don't know if I would like the seat being heated for me, I'd feel like someone else must have just been sitting there for a while?!?!

ali said...

jen...hee, hee...I am laughing at your P.S. comment. I think you'd get used to it!

Roney Family said...

I love all these pictures!! The kids are so big and so cute!

tara said...

what fun! I love family reunions! Your pictures are fantastic, what kind of lens were you using?

HeatherM said...

ok maybe I didn't want to see the pictures. everyone looks so cute so big! glad you guys had fun!

Olive-us said...

Beautiful pictures! Tahoe is the greatest. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

merideth said...

why can't we get our timing right?? we were in sand harbor just days after you.
your pics are amazing. seriously so fun to look at.

coming to see you soon... and you to kelly!!

ali said...

Tara - I used the 24-70 f/2.4 canon lens.

Mere- seriously...where was the planning in that?!??

meeshw said...

Love, love, love the photos...did I say I love your photos???? :)

cally said...

I love love love love your pictures! Good photography makes me all teary eyed and gives me goosebumps. really.

So good!!

forget laundry said...

this makes me homesick- we love tahoe. that's were I spent years in girls camp. how fun! I always love to see your pictures- they turned out great!

ps my cousins are half japanese and it's pretty standard to have one of those toilets (but they had a removable less expensive one). maybe you won't have to go without?!

Christy Dyer said...

wow, we are in Tahoe this week. Sorry to have missed you.

Sand harbor is where we always spend the 4th of July. Your pictures are so fabulous. I need to break down and get some training and oh yeah a real camera. What kind do you have?

Christy Dyer said...

p.s. this is Sharalee on my mom's account.

annie said...

So many awesome photos! You are amazing and what a beautiful place! You all look so happy! Love it!