I'll admit. I had my hesitations about 30. It just seemed so old to me.
I kinda wanted to hold on to those 20's for as long as I could. There is something great about that decade. It's like the bridge between adolescence and adulthood. It's where all the magic happened. Freedom. Fun. New, exciting adventures.
Everybody keeps saying that 30 is the new 20? But really, should I buy that? That's like saying stretch marks are the new sexy. but whatever.
At any rate, I've "tried on" 30 for 3 days now and it doesn't feel that bad. I think this new decade will hold a lot of goodness for me and I'm looking forward to it.
And my b-day couldn't have been better. Thanks friends and my sweetie for easing me into this transition. Here's the highlight reel...
1. A day in the OC with my ladies at a fantastic creperie. Loved it.
2. A night out on the town with my other ladies. Let's just say undisclosable (I don't think that's a word?) amounts of sweet rolls and honey butter were consumed.
3. A night at Disneyland sans kids. Just picture my husband and I like these folks....dumbo ears, pins...the whole nine yards. (me...three pounds skinnier than this woman!)
We went with big plans to paint the town red, but 30 got the best of me and I was tuckered out by 10pm.
4. A Saturday morning hike with our kids and some friends. We got to witness Jack scoop up some fresh wildlife feces on the trail. Delightful!
5. I got to do what I love. Take a peek here.
6. Went to my favorite girl's club, called Relief Society, and heard one of the best talks EVER. Left with a resolve to be a better person.
8. Enjoyed a homemade dinner delivered to my doorstep by a friend.
I'd say I'm a pretty lucky 30-year old!