This is an expression we used to use in high school. Mainly in situations where CONFIDENCE did not come easy. Like when you wanted to awkwardly approach that cute boy from your geometry class, but deep down you knew there wasn't a prayer with him because you were a foot taller and let's be honest...pretty homely.
Well, last night I needed someone to tell me to "get some CONF"! Most of you know I LOVE taking pictures, but only some of you know that I get REALLY, REALLY nervous.
Last night, Troy and I drove out to Newport Beach to take some pictures of our friends. For some reason, I was VERY nervous. I think it is because I always want to do a good job, but I freak out. Also, I am TERRIBLE at taking charge and directing people to do things.
At any rate, I froze up with anxiety and did not feel like I did my best work. For my own benefit, here are some things I learned and some things I liked.
Things I Learned:
* Daylight is valuable. It ran out too soon.
* When you are at the beach with a family dressed in beach colors, it would be nice to get the water in the shot.
* Take more close-ups of the smiling baby.
* Don't be afraid to try new poses.
* Get more "candid" shots of family interactions.
* Try not to cut off feet.
Things I Liked:
* How attractive my "models" were.
* Seeing the sunset
* Being with friends
* The shot of Baby Will's feet with mom and dad in the background.
Comments or constructive criticism is welcome over HERE!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Posted by ali at Monday, October 29, 2007