Monday, August 20, 2007

We're Jammin'


We've had an extravaganza like this before...only that time it was baby food we were preparing. This time it was jam. Peach jam, and lots of it!

Amy, Heather and I got together to convert 50 pounds of peaches, 50 pounds of sugar, and 22 packages of pectin into jars of freezer jam. After 4 1/2 hours of sweat, labor, and fussy children the project was completed and the amounts of jam we were left with was astronomical. Refer to picture (that is only one person's portion...multiply by 4)

It was good to have the resident expert (Heather) on hand to direct us. We decided that doing it all in one sha-bang with a group of friends was the only way to sanely make jam. Can't wait to eat my morning toast....or maybe ice cream with peach topping?!?!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Looks great. I just love freezer jam of any kind. And the peach jam sure sounds tasty.

Katie said...

You little domestic Godess! how are you feeling I am going to call you right now! Why should I write when I should call.. bye I hope you pick up!

Amy said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for documenting the process. I had a lot of fun today. In fact, I've been eating toast with jam all evening already!

sheena said...

SOOO jealous. Well not really jealous of making the jam, but definalty jealous of eating it!

Roney Family said...

That is so awesome that you made Jam. I can't believe it. You guys are all domestic over there.. Rub some of that off on me. Not the Jam, just making the Jam!

Heather said...

Thanks for letting us make a mess of your kitchen. It was so much more fun with friends.

Anonymous said...

OOOooooh, that looks delicious!

Blackburns said...

Guess what I did all weekend. . . You guessed it, I made jam. Lots of jam. Hope you had as much fun as I did.

Ben and Shara said...

You are such a domestic Diva.
Thanks for the great Blogs.